Sharing is Caring!!

Welcome and enjoy! Please tell me what you are eating. Share your thoughts on food and what you see in your grocery store. Ask questions. This is a place where we can all learn from each other and share our skills, passions for flavours and love for eating.

Trio of Tuna, Smoked, Sashimi, Tataki

Trio of Tuna, Smoked, Sashimi, Tataki

Love A'Fare, A Catering Experience

Love A'Fare, A Catering Experience
Private Catering for in your home from a professional Chef.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend!!

After a weekend of skiing and cooking,there has been little time for taking pictures and posting what has been made.......I still need some more time as some of the pieces are still coming together.

Here is what has been on the weekend menu.

Short ribs, this time they were cooked sweet and sour style with some chilies that were dried over my fireplace.

I have some pork left from the half pig I split on with a friend.  Nice knowing the little piggy had such a good life living only 3km away.  So I am in the process of making a  version of Shepard's Pie, we shall see how that goes!

I also have been waiting and have gotten my favorite flour in the world.  It is a white Spelt and is used for everything form baking to pasta.  I replace Spelt where ever the recipe calls for a flour.  The dough has sat and gotten stinky for 24 hours and I am about to knead it, rise it and bake it.  I will be giving my recipe for this bread and how I make it as everyone has a technique (which I love).

I am also considering some cookies but lets see where the night takes us as the past three days have been full of adventures,......

Talk to you soon and have a fabulous day!  Until then you get George!!!

1 comment: