Sharing is Caring!!

Welcome and enjoy! Please tell me what you are eating. Share your thoughts on food and what you see in your grocery store. Ask questions. This is a place where we can all learn from each other and share our skills, passions for flavours and love for eating.

Trio of Tuna, Smoked, Sashimi, Tataki

Trio of Tuna, Smoked, Sashimi, Tataki

Love A'Fare, A Catering Experience

Love A'Fare, A Catering Experience
Private Catering for in your home from a professional Chef.

Friday, April 8, 2011

The day after Disco!

Three main components, potatoes, sauce or gravy and fresh cheese curds. After a night of dancing, using my once broken leg, having a few beers this is what is necessary for the next day, Poutine!  Now not being a Quebecer but indulging in the art of Poutine and how many changes it has taken over the years, adding my own cravings and this is ready to be devoured.  This is truly the best at 4am in Montreal and that is that.

This particular Poutine was made with root vegetables, potatoes, yams, sliced onions and parsnips.  They were chopped up (skin on, except for the onions) and tossed in some olive oil and dried herbs and spices, basil, marjoram, oregano,cumin, salt and pepper.  Left to bake in the oven until golden brown and crispy.  This was done at about 400F as I find they get a much crispier outside and are still soft inside.  I am very picky about the Poutine I eat, the vegetables or potatoes must stay crunchy as getting to the bottom of my bowl to a mess of gravy and mushy potatoes and veg is not my favorite.  Gravy on the side pour a little on at a time, cheese to room temperature so that it melts and a sauce or gravy of your liking....yes I will use a packaged gravy for this if I don't have anything in my freezer. The last ingredient I love to have on my Poutine is ketchup........

Have a delicious day!

1 comment: